If you want to close US Bank account but don’t know how you can do it. Then this guide is for you. In today’s guide, I will be explaining to you the complete steps that you need to follow to close the bank account. The steps are very easy and you will be able to close the account without any issues. Provided there are no complications with your US Bank account. I will explain what I mean by complications in the further part.
There should be no pending dues or any negative balance in your account. If you have any kind of issues then the bank will not allow you to close the account. First, you have to clear all the dues, and then you can proceed with the process to close the bank account. If you don’t have any dues pending or a negative balance in your account. Then don’t worry about this.
Before you close your existing bank account with the US Bank. It is recommended that you open a new bank account if you don’t have one. In case you have an alternative bank account then you can skip this too. After that on the day you are closing your account you need to transfer all your funds in the US Bank account to your other bank account. And start with the steps to close the account.
About U.S. Bancorp
|Type of Bank||Public Company|
|Founded||9 September 1968|
|Headquarters||US Bancorp Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Number of Branches||3,067|
|Number of ATMs||4,771|
|Net Income (2019)||$6.914 billion|
|Total Assets (2019)||$495.426 billion|
|Total Equity (2019)||$52.483 billion|
|Number of Employees (2019)||69,651|
Methods to Close US Bank Account
There are 2 offline methods that can be followed by the account holders of the US Bank Corp to close their account. The first one is by visiting the branch of the bank. And the second method is by calling the customer care of the bank.
Visting the Branch of US Bank
- Locate the nearest branch of the US Bank to your location.
- Vist any local branch of the bank.
- Go to the account management section or the help desk in the branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you wish to close the bank account you have with the bank.
- You need to tell your name and the bank account number to the bank officials. This will help them to find your account.
- Show an appropriate identity proof document to the bank officials. This will prove that you are the real owner of the account.
- The bank officials will ask you why you are willing to close the account.
- Tell them your reason why you are closing the account.
- Follow the instructions provided to you by the officials, and your account will be closed.
Calling the Customer Care of US Bank
- Call the customer care support of the US Bank on 800 872 2657. (24×7)
- Soon your call will be connected to speak with the customer care executive.
- Tell the executive that you want to close your US Bank account.
- The executive will ask you a few questions about your bank account. This is done to verify if they are speaking with the real owner of the bank account.
- Answer all the questions asked to you.
- Then you will be asked the reason for the account closure. Tell your reason.
- Your account closing request will be taken by the customer care executive of the bank.
How is this Information Verified?
I have verified this information by contacting the US Bank on Instagram. For your reference, I have added the screenshot below. US Bank has got a great support team on whom you can rely and contact any time.
How to Contact US Bancorp?
It is recommended that you contact the bank and verify the information which is mentioned in this guide before you can use it personally. I have provided the contact details of the bank below.
- Phone Number: 800 872 2657
- Website: www.usbank.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/usbank
- Twitter: twitter.com/usbank
These are the steps and the methods that can be followed by you to close your US Bank account. While visiting the branch of the bank to close your account Make sure you carry an appropriate identity proof document with you. Once the bank account process is started by the bank you can not use your account in any way.