There are so many banks in the United States, from which you can choose from. If you want to switch to another bank. Then I recommend you close your old account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Apex Bank account.
The process is really simple. But keep in mind that you should consider closing your account when you have another account with you. I am talking about the alternative bank account that you can use after your Apex Bank account is closed.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. Then there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is about your account balance. You have to check your account balance and make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those and then the bank will allow you to close your account. The second thing is you have to take care of all your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You have to move them all to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments and deposits don’t fail after your Apex Bank account is closed. You have to do this by yourself as it is completely your responsibility and not that of the bank. So you have to take special care of these two things.
Steps to Close Apex Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then you should refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Apex Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, identity proof document, and debit card with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to them and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can easily get your account closed by the bank. But in case if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank might ask you to pay the account closing charges.