The process to close a bank account is really simple. In this guide, I will tell you the process that you have to follow to close Androscoggin Bank account.
But before you go to the bank and tell the officials that you want to close your account. You need to prepare your account to be closed.
In this process, there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance. You have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If in case you have any. Then you will have to clear those. After this thing, you have to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
The best thing you can do is move all your payments to your alternative bank account. By doing this you can ensure that all your payments and deposits are running even after your account is closed.
Steps to Close Androscoggin Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Androscoggin Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
These are the 9 steps that you have to follow in order to close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are approaching the bank to close the account within one year of opening the account. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.