If you have made your mind to close your bank account. Then you can do it by following a proper process. In this guide, I will tell you the complete process that you have to follow to close Anderson Brothers Bank account.
The process is quite simple but there are two things that you have to take care of. And you have to do this before approaching the bank. Let us first learn those two things.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance and make sure that there are no negative balances. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The next thing or the second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and the direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This has to be done by you before you close your Anderson Brothers Bank account. If you don’t do it. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Anderson Brothers Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed. Then you can follow the steps explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Anderson Brothers Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Other than these things you should also know about the account closing charges. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.