If we sit counting the reasons to close a bank account then there are simply too many. Irrespective of your reason I will today help you to close American River Bank account.
The process is very simple but if you want it to be smooth. Then you need to prepare your account to be closed before you go to the bank. So let us first learn how you can prepare the account.
First of all, check how much balance you have in your bank account. There should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
After that, the second thing is to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure your payments are running even after your account is closed.
Once you are done with these two things now you have to collect a few documents with you. They are your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document. Now you are all set to visit the bank.
Steps to Close American River Bank Account
Follow these instructions if you have an individual account with the bank. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of American River Bank near you.
- Take your documents with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form, fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the offline process to close an account. But in case if you are interested in the online process then you can contact the bank directly over the phone. And ask the support team for the complete process.