If you have a bank account with you which you use no more or if you don’t need it anymore. Then the best thing you can do is to close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Anstaff Bank account.
The process is really simple but you have to prepare the account to be closed. In this process, there are two things that you have to care for.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in the account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those. This is important because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues.
If you don’t do this then all your payments and the deposits will start failing. And it is completely your responsibility to take care of your payments and deposits and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close Anstaff Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in this case, if you have a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Anstaff Bank near you.
- Take your documents like your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the officials with the required details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials
If you need more help then you can contact your bank. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges as well.