If you have decided to close your bank account. Then this guide is for you. In this guide, I will explain to you how you can close American Plus Bank account.
The process is very easy. But before you get started with the process. You have to take care of a few things in your bank account.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. In case if you have any then you should clear those.
The second thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. And set up them with your alternative bank account.
If you don’t do this then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once your account is closed by the bank. The bank will not do it for you, you yourself have to get this done.
After taking care of these two things you should know one more thing. And that is if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.
Steps to Close American Plus Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed. Then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where the nearest location of American Plus Bank is near you.
- Take your documents like your passbook, cheques, identity proof document, and debit cards with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank, look for the helpdesk, and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close the account.
- Provide the details to them and show them your identity proof document.
- Check your account balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it if everything is filled right, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your bank account. If you need more help or have any doubts in your mind. Then I recommend you to contact the bank by phone.