You can close your bank account by just one visit to the nearest branch of the bank. Today I will tell you the process that you have to follow to close Armor Bank account.
You can make the process even more simple by preparing your account to be closed. In this process, there are two things that you have to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you have to set up your automatic payments and direct deposits with your alternative bank account. If you don’t do this then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Armor Bank Account
You can follow this guide to close an individual account. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Armor Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you are willing to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Other than these things there is one more thing you need to keep in mind. And that is you are closing the account within one year of opening it.