If you want to close a bank account then you can do it. But there is a proper way of doing it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close American Pride Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close the account. You have to take care of a few things. To be precise two things. So let us first learn those and then the process of closing the account.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. This has to be done to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances.
If you find any then you will have to clear those. The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account.
This is important because if you don’t do it. Then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once the bank closes your account.
Steps to Close American Pride Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of American Pride Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials at the helpdesk.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, check, sign and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your American Pride Bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.