But before you go to the branch of the bank. There are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to check your account balance.
Here you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
This will help you make sure that all your payments and deposits are running without any issues. If you don’t take care of them. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once the account is closed.
Steps to Close Apollo Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Apollo Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.