If for any reason you have decided to close your bank account. Then you can do that. But there is a proper way that you have to follow. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Andover State Bank account.
First of all, you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank to close the account. The second thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits.
You can set up all your payments and deposits with your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure that all the payments are running even after your account is closed.
Steps to Close Andover State Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Andover State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can approach the bank and request it to close the account. Also do keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.