If you want to close your bank account then you can do it. But there is a proper process that you have to follow. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close American Metro Bank account.
There are two things that you need to take care of before you approach the bank. So let us first learn about those and then we will learn the process.
The first thing is you have to ensure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. In case if you have any. Then you need to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This will help ensure that all your payments are up and running.
This is a very important step because once the bank closes your account. All your payments and deposits will start failing. The other thing is it is completely your responsibility to take care of your payments and deposits.
Steps to Close American Metro Bank Account
You can close your individual account by following the steps explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of American Metro Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Other than these 9 steps and the two things discussed earlier. There is one more thing to take note of. And that is if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.