If you want to close your bank account. Then you can do it. But there is a proper way to do it. In this guide, we will learn how you can close American Eagle Bank account.
The process is easy. But before getting started with the process you have to prepare your account to be closed. And in this preparation, there are two things you have to do.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account.
In case if you have any negative balance or pending dues. Then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move them to your alternative bank account.
This thing is very important and if you don’t set up the payments with your alternative account. Then the payments will start failing once the account is closed.
Steps to Close American Eagle Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account with the bank. Then follow this linked guide.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Check where is the nearest branch of the American Eagle Bank is.
- Visit the branch, go to the helpdesk, and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you few details like your name, account number, and why you want to close the account.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the process that you have to follow to close your account offline. If you want to do it online. Then I recommend you to contact the bank directly.