If you have an account with any of the banks then you own it completely. You can close the account whenever you wish to. But you have to make sure that you follow the terms of the bank and also a proper process. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Alliance Bank Central Texas account.
The process is very very simple. But there are a few things that should be taken care of by you. And these will help you to prepare your account to be closed by the bank. So let us first explore those things. And then we will learn the steps to close the account.
The first thing is there should be no pending dues or negative balance in your account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account. So what you have to do is clear all the dues. This remains the same with almost all the banks in the United States of America.
The next thing is you have to cancel and move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your account. This is very important because once your account is closed all your payments will start failing. The best thing you can do is set up your payments and deposits with your alternative account.
Steps to Close Alliance Bank Central Texas Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this guide to close the joint account.
- Locate the nearest branch of the bank near you.
- Take your identity proof document, passbook, cheques, and debit cards with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is an offline process of closing the account. Once you are all set you can visit the branch and get going. But if you want to follow the online process then I recommend you contact the bank. Also, keep in mind if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. You may have to pay the account closing charges.