If you have an account that you will need no more. Then the best thing you can do is close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Anthem Bank & Trust account.
The process is very easy you just have to visit the branch of the bank for one last time. But before that, you have to prepare your account to be closed.
The first thing you have to do is check your account balance. You have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. This is very important because no bank in the United States lets the customer close the account without clearing the dues.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and the direct deposits to your alternative account. This will help you make sure that your payments and deposits don’t start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Anthem Bank & Trust Account
In case if you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- First of all, you have to search where is the nearest branch of the bank.
- After that, you have to collect your documents like your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank and look where the helpdesk is.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The official will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close the account.
- Provide them the details and show your identity proof document.
- Now bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Along with these things you also need to keep in mind the account closing charges. The bank may ask you to pay if you are closing the account within one year of opening it.