You can close your bank account by requesting the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close American Exchange Bank account.
There are two things that you need to take care of before you approach the bank to close the account. So let us first discuss those. And then learn the closing process.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. Here you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those to the bank. If not then the bank will not allow you to close your account.
The second thing is you have to take care of all the payments and deposits that are active in your account. You should move all of those to your alternative bank account.
This step is very important. Because if you don’t do it then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once your account is closed by American Exchange Bank.
Steps to Close American Exchange Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below if you want to close an individual account. But in the case of a joint account follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of American Exchange Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero, and ask for an account closure request form.
- Fill the form and sign it.
- Submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account offline. If you want to close it online then I recommend you directly contact the bank over a phone call.