Have decided to close your bank account and don’t know how to do it? Then your worry ends here. Because in this guide I will tell you how you can close American Momentum Bank account.
The process of doing it is very simple. But before you reach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. In case if you have any then you should clear those.
The second thing is you have to cancel all your payments and deposits. And set them up with your alternative bank account.
This is important because if you don’t do it. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once the bank closes your account.
Steps to Close American Momentum Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of American Momentum Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Look where the helpdesk of the branch is.
- Go to the helpdesk, speak with the officials, and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close the account.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the officials.
This is how simple it is to close your account. But also keep in mind that if you are closing the account within a year of opening it. Then the bank might ask you to pay the account closing charges.