If you have decided to close your bank account for some reason. Then you can do that. But there is a proper way to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Level One Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. You need to take care of two things in your bank account.
The first one is you have to check your account balance. And ensure that there are no pending dues or negative balances. If you find any then you will have to clear those.
The next thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is a must-do thing for you.
If you don’t do this. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed by Level One Bank.
Steps to Close Level One Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Find out the nearest branch of Level One Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and your bank account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. To know about the charges I recommend you to contact the bank directly over the phone.