If you have got an account that you have decided to close. Then in this guide, you will learn how you can do it. I will explain to you the process to close Apple River State Bank account.
The process is really very simple. But before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
You have to move all of those to your alternative bank account. If you don’t do it. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed by the bank.
If you have both of these things in check. Then you can approach the bank now and request it to close your account down by filling out a form. You can find the in-depth explanation below.
Steps to Close Apple River State Bank Account
If you have a joint account then follow this linked guide. But in case if you hold an individual account then you can follow the instructions given below.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Apple River State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Now visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You will be able to close your account if you follow these steps. At the same time, you should also note one thing. And that is if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.