If you have decided to close your bank account then you can do that very easily. The thing is you need to know the correct process to do it. And in this guide, I will tell you the process to close Amistad Bank account.
Before you approach the bank you have to prepare your account to be closed. And there are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in the account. In case if you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your bank account. You can set them up with your alternative account as well.
If you set them up with your alternative account. Then it will help you to make sure that all your payments are running even after your Amistad Bank account is closed.
Steps to Close Amistad Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow the steps explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Amistad Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, debit cards, cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to close your bank account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account within 1 year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.