If you have an account that you have decided to close. Then you have all the rights to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close your Alliant Bank account.
The process is really very simple. But there is a proper way to do it. And that is all that we will be learning in this guide.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of. So let us learn about those first.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance in your account. In case if you have any balance or dues pending then the bank will not let you close the account.
The second thing is you need to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move all of those to your alternative bank account.
This will help you to ensure that all your deposits and payments are running even after your account is closed by Alliant Bank.
Steps to Close Alliant Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this guide to close the joint account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Alliant Bank near you.
- Take your documents like your passbook and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show your identity proof document to the officials.
- Bring your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the offline process of closing the account. In case if you want to know the online process. Then I recommend you to contact the bank.