If you have planned to close your bank account. Then in this guide, I will tell you the process to close Adams County Bank account.
Before you reach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to make sure that your account is prepared to be closed.
The first thing you have to do is check your account balance. And make sure that there is no negative balance in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear all the dues and negative balances. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear the dues.
The next thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move all of your payments to your alternative bank account.
If you already have an alternative account then you can start with the process. But in case if you don’t have one. Then I recommend you to open a new one before closing the existing one.
There are so many banks in the United States of America. In case if you are confused about your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Adams County Bank Account
If you have an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you have a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Adams County Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the offline process of closing the account. But if you are interested in closing the account online. Then you can directly contact the bank and speak with them.