If you maintain an account with any of the banks in the United States. Then you have all the rights to close it as well. Provided you have to abide by the terms and conditions of the bank. These are those conditions that you had agreed to while opening the account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Adirondack Bank account.
Before you get started with the process you have to prepare your account to be closed. And in this process, you have to take care of two different things. The first thing is the amount of balance you have in your account. You have to make sure that there is no pending dues or negative balance in the account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those before approaching the bank. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. This thing remains the same with almost all the banks that are operating in the country.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your account. Because once the account is closed by the bank all your payments will start failing. So to make sure that all the payments are running you can set them up with your alternative account.
Keep in mind that you have to do this by yourself, the bank will not do it for you. In fact, it is not the responsibility of the bank but yours. And this has to be done before your account is closed by the bank. If you don’t have an alternative account. Then I recommend you open one before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close Adirondack Bank Account
In case you want to close an individual account with the bank then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close your joint account with someone else. Then you should follow this linked guide. Because the process of closing a joint account is a little different.
- Locate the nearest branch of Adirondack Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
You will be able to close your account by following the above-explained steps. If you want more assistance then you can contact the bank for that. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.