If you have decided to close your bank account then you can do it. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you the process that you have to follow to close Anchor D Bank account.
It is quite simple and there are no complicated steps at all. But before you approach the bank and request it to close the account. There are a few things you need to take care of.
The first thing is to check your account balance and make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is a very important step.
Because if you don’t move all your payments and deposits. They will start failing once your account is closed by Anchor D Bank.
Steps to Close Anchor D Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed. Then you can follow the steps that are explained below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Find out where is the nearest branch of Anchor D Bank is near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how you can close your account by visiting the branch of the bank. But also keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.