If you have decided to close your bank account. Then this guide will help you do it. In this guide, I have explained the process to close Arbor Bank account.
But before you can close the account. You need to prepare your account to be closed. The first thing is you have to check your account balance.
There should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those before approaching the bank.
This is because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues. The next thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits.
All the payments will start failing once the account is closed. So to avoid this you can do one thing. And that is you can set up them with your alternative account.
Steps to Close Arbor Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Arbor Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and your bank account number.
- Provide the details to the officials.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Other than these steps you will have to keep one more thing in your mind. And that is you are closing the account within one year of opening the account. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.