If you have an account that you will need no more. Then the best thing you can do is close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Andrew Johnson Bank account.
The process is very simple. But people find it difficult to close the account. Because they don’t know the exact steps to be followed.
Before you got to the bank and request it to close your account. You have to prepare your account to be closed. And there are two things you need to take care of here.
The first thing is the balance of funds you have in your account. You have to check your account balance. And make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. The second thing is you need to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits.
Move all of them to your alternative bank account. If you don’t do this then all your payments and deposits will start failing once the bank closes your account.
Steps to Close Andrew Johnson Bank Account
You can follow the below explained steps to close an individual account. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you should follow this linked guide.
- Find out the nearest location of Andrew Johnson Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and the identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials of the bank.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure form to close your account with the bank.
This is all you have to do to close your account. But also keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.