If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you can do that simply by contacting the bank. In this guide, I will tell you the complete procedure that you have to follow to close Alton Bank account.
The process is really simple. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You have to prepare your account to be closed.
So there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If in case you have any. Then the bank will not let you close your account until you clear those. So try to clear all of those before starting the process to close the account.
The second thing is you need to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move them to your alternative bank account.
This has to be done before the bank closes your account or it is better to do it before you even approach the bank. Because if you don’t do it. Then your payments will start failing once the account is closed.
Steps to Close Alton Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Alton Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials at the helpdesk that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close your account.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the offline method to close the account. But if you have any other doubts or want to close your account online. Then please contact the bank directly.