If you have an account with American Community Bank and wondering how to close it. Then this guide is written for you. Because in this guide I have explained the process to close American Community Bank account.
The process is really easy. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You have to prepare your account to be closed.
During the course of preparation, the first thing you have to do is check your account balance. You have to make sure that you don’t have any negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If in case you have any. Then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing you have to do is. Take care of the automatic payments and the direct deposits that are active in your account. This is very important because once the bank closes your account all your payments will start failing.
To avoid this you have to move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure no payments are missed or failed.
Steps to Close American Community Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. But in case you want to close a joint account. Then you should follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of American Community Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document along with you.
- Visit the branch, go to the helpdesk, and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, check all the details that you have filled, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.