If you have decided to close your bank account for any reason. Then you have all the rights to do it. But at the same time, you have to follow the terms and conditions of the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close American Equity Bank account.
Before you approach the bank and tell the officials that you want to close the account. There are two things you need to take care of regarding your account. The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that your account does not have any pending dues or negative balance.
In case if you have any negative balance. Then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank. The second thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You have to move them to your alternative bank account.
This has to be done before you close your account. If you don’t do this then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed. If you don’t have an alternative bank account with you. Then I recommend you get a new one before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close American Equity Bank Account
You can follow the instructions given below if you want to close an individual account. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of American Equity Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close your account.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero, and ask for an account closure request form.
- Fill the form and sign it.
- Submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
Along with these things you should also know about the account closing charges. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. If you need more information about these charges. Then I recommend you to directly contact the bank.