Before you contact the bank and tell them that you want to close the account. You need to prepare your account to be closed. And in this process, there are two things to be taken care of.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
If you don’t do this then all your payments and the deposits will start failing once Anna Bank closes your account. So you have to do these arrangements for yourself before you close your existing account.
Steps to Close Anna Bank Account
In case you want to close an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Anna Bank near you.
- Visit the branch along with your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them with the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Other than these 9 steps there is one more thing you need to know. If you are closing the account too early after opening it. Like before one year. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.