Having a bank account is very important no matter in which country you are. And when it comes to Nepal then there are so many banks to choose from. In today’s guide I will tell you the steps you need to follow to close Sanima Bank account without any issues.
There can be so many reasons why you might have decided to close the account. Some of us will have personal reasons, some others will have a professional reason. And in the case of other people simply close the account to switch to another bank.
It does not matter why you are closing what currently matters is the exact process you need to follow. The first thing you have to make sure of is there should be no negative balance in your account. If you have any kind of dues pending or negative balance you first have to clear them.
The bank will not allow you to close the account without clearing the negative balance you have in the account. After that make sure you have an alternative bank account that you can use once your Sanima Bank account is closed. If you don’t have an alternative account then I recommend you to open one before closing the existing account.
Just choose a bank that you feel is good for you and ask these questions to the bank officials. If you are satisfied with the answers you receive then you can open with them. Or else you can just pick a different bank for your next bank account. This guide is for those who hold an individual account in case you have a joint bank account then refer to this guide.
About Sanima Bank Limited
|Founded||December 6, 2004|
|Headquarters||Nagpokhari, Kathmandu, Nepal|
Steps to Close Sanima Bank Account
There is no online method to close your account. I have explained the offline method below, follow the instructions given below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Sanima Bank near you.
- Take your bank passbook, debit cards, identity proof document, and unused cheques with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you the reason why you are closing.
- Tell the officials your reason and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the account closure request form with details like your name, account number, etc.
- Check all the details you have filled in, sign the form, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank using their official website, message them on the official social media profile, and also call them. All the contact information has been mentioned below.
- Official Website: www.sanimabank.com
- Phone Number: +977-01-5970033
- Fax Number: +977-1-4428969
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sanimabank
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account successfully. If you want to know if the bank will charge you for the closure or no. The best way to know it is by contacting the bank, you can use the contact information provided above. Also, keep in mind that you have to bring down your balance to zero on the day of closing the account.