There are so many banks that are operating in Nepal and the Nabil Bank is one of them. No matter in which corner of the world you stay. It is important to have a bank account for our day to day financial transactions. But sometimes the circumstances arise where we need to close the bank account. This guide will help you out with the steps you need to follow to close Nabil Bank account.
There are a few things you need to take care of when you are closing the account. The first thing is there should be no negative balance or dues pending in your account. If there are any you should clear it first and then approach the bank to close your account. Because none of the banks in the world allow its customers to close the account when there are dues pending in the account.
As we all know it is really gets hard to survive without a bank account. So what I recommend you is to open a new bank account as your alternative bank account as of now. And then being with the process to close the existing one which you have with the Nabil Bank. But this time you should choose the bank which is right for you. If you are not sure which bank to choose. Then refer to my list of 9 questions you should ask your new bank.
About Nabil Bank
|Predecessor||Nepal Arab Bank Limited|
|Founded||July 12, 1984|
Nabil Center, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu, Nepal
Steps to Close Nabil Bank Account
As of now, there is no online method to close your bank account. But I have explained an offline method below which can be used for any bank that is operating globally. Basically, you have to visit the branch of the bank and fill out a form that is called “Account Closing Request Form”. If you are a joint bank account holder then refer to this guide. And in case you hold an individual account then follow the instructions given below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Nabil Bank near you.
- Collect your unused cheques, debit card, and an identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the help desk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials, tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you the reason for the closure.
- Tell them your reason and collect an account closing request form.
- Fill the form with all the required details like your name, account number, etc.
- Sign the application form, show your identity proof document to the officials, and submit the form.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then I have provided the contact details below. I have found these details from the official website of the bank.
- Phone Number: +977 1 5970015
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: nabilbank.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/nabilbanklimited
This is how you can close your bank account with Nabil Bank. The bank might charge you a fee for the closure. So I recommend you to contact the bank and ask them about the charges. Also, note that on the day you are closing the account you have to bring down your balance to zero.