If you have made the decision to close Nepal Bank account then you have the right to close it. But there are certain rules and regulations that you need to follow. This guide will help you out with all the things you should know so that you can close the bank account without any issues.
Not only Nepal Bank Limited but every bank operating globally will not let its customers close the account with a negative balance. So if you have any then the first thing you have to do is clear it. If you don’t know the reason for the negative balance then you can contact the bank and ask them.
After that, if you want to switch to another bank by closing your existing account. I recommend you to open a new account first. (alternative bank account) Once your account is fully operational you can close your existing account. By doing this you can ensure a smooth transition from your old account to the new account.
About Nepal Bank Limited
|Founded||November 15, 1937|
|Headquarters||Dharmapath, Kathmandu, Nepal|
Steps to Close Nepal Bank Account
There is no online method to close the account. You can only close it by following the offline method. Follow the instructions given below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Nepal Bank Limited near you.
- Collect your debit cards, bank passbook, and a proper identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer help desk of the branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close down your bank account.
- The officials will ask you the reason for the closure and your identity proof document.
- Tell your reason, show the identity proof document and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with details like your name, type of account, reason, account number, etc.
- Check all the details you have filled in the form, sign, and submit the form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can use the below-mentioned contact information to reach the bank. I got these details on the official website of the bank.
- Phone Number: +977 1 4247999 / 4239888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.nepalbank.com.np
These are the 9 steps that you need to follow to close the bank account. Never share sensitive information about your account with anyone. And no one from the bank will ever contact you asking for such details. On the day you are closing your account make sure your balance is Zero. For more information about the same, you can call the customer care of the bank. If you want to close a Joint bank account follow this linked guide.