If you have an account with the Bank of Kathmandu and now have decided to close it down. Then this guide will help you to do it. In his guide, I have explained to you the steps that you need to follow to close Bank of Kathmandu account. The process is very simple, but you need to know the exact steps.
First of all, I would like to you that there is no online method to close the account. The only method available is an offline one. And in this method, the account holder personally has to visit the branch of the bank. In the case of a joint bank account, all the account holders need to provide their consent to the bank to close the account.
No matter which type of account you hold with the Bank of Kathmandu. There should be no dues pending or negative balance in your account. If you have such balance then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account without clearing all the dues.
Before you close your existing bank account make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. If you don’t have another account then choose a good bank for you and open an account. If you are still undecided about your next bank. Then ask these 9 questions to your new bank before opening the account with them.
Steps to Close Bank of Kathmandu Account
The bank may or may not charge you for the account closure. It depends upon the type of account and the time period for which your account was operational with the bank. So I recommend you to contact the bank and ask them if they will charge you for the closure of your account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Kathmandu near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit card, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the help desk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials, tell them that you want to close your account.
- Provide them your name and bank account number.
- The officials will ask you the reason for the closure.
- Tell your reason and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the account closure request form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can reach the bank on their official website, by calling them, sending an email, and also by messaging them on their official social media profile. All the contact information is provided below.
- Official Website: www.bok.com.np
- Phone Number: 01-4414541 or 01-4437106
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/boknepal
This is how you can get your account closed. If you have any doubts or need extra assistance then you call the customer care of the bank. Or visit the nearest branch of the bank. You also have to make your bank account balance zero on the day you are closing the account.