Bank accounts are a critical part of our day-to-day life. We use our accounts for keeping our money and making transactions with the same. But sometimes we make our mind to close our existing account and open a new one with another bank. It is not legal in most countries to have multiple bank accounts. But it is not recommended to keep multiple unused accounts active. In this guide, I will tell you the steps to close Nepal Bangladesh Bank account.
It is very easy to close the account. First, you have to make sure that you don’t have any dues or negative balance in the account. If you have any then take proper steps to clear the dues. You have to deposit an equal amount of money to the total dues in your account to make the balance zero. Keep in mind that no bank allows its customer to close the account without clearing the dues.
Before you close your account make sure you have an alternative bank account. In case you don’t then choose a good bank for you. And open a new account with that bank. If you are confused about which bank to choose for your next account. Then I have a list of questions you should ask your new bank. If you are satisfied with the answers then you can open the account. If not then you can think about a different bank.
About NB Bank Limited
|Area Served||Nepal and Bangladesh|
Steps to Close Nepal Bangladesh Bank Account
If you already have an account with another bank then there is no need to open a new one. Because an alternative bank account is not mandatory. There is no online method to close the account, so I have explained an offline method below. Follow the instructions given below to close your account.
- Locate the nearest branch of Nepal Bangladesh Bank near you.
- Collect your identity proof document, unused cheques, and debit cards with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the help desk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close the account.
- Provide your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure to the officials.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the account closure request form, sign, and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank using their official website, by calling them, and also by messaging the bank on the official social media profile. All the contact details are given below.
- Official Website: www.nbbl.com.np
- Phone Number: 4233780
- Fax Number: 977-1-4233776
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/nbblnepal
This is how you can close your Nepal Bangladesh Bank account. The bank may or may not charge you for the closure. It depends upon the type of account you have and the time when you are closing it. So for the most accurate information about the same you can contact your bank’s customer care. If you want to close a joint bank account then refer to this guide.