There are so many banks that are operating in Nepal, Everest Bank is one of them. And this bank is a joint venture with the Punjab National Bank which is an India-based bank. Today’s guide is for the customers of Everest Bank who have decided to close the account. I have explained all the steps that the customer needs to follow to close Everest Bank account.
The process is not a tough one you just need to know the exact steps. First of all, you should ensure that there is no dues pending or negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those dues. To clear the dues you need to deposit the exact amount of money in your account to bring the balance to Zero. If you are not understanding the reason for the negative balance or the process to clear it then you can contact the bank for more.
It is really hard to manage money without a bank account. So before you close your existing account with Everest Bank, make sure you have an alternative bank account. If you don’t have an account with another bank. Then look for a good bank for you. And open the account with them. If you want help in choosing the bank for you, then consider asking these questions to your new bank before opening the account.
About Everest Bank
|Headquarters||Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal|
Steps to Close Everest Bank Account
There is no online method to close the account so the account holder has to personally visit the branch. I have explained all the steps of the offline method below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Everest Bank near you.
- Take your unused cheques, debit cards, passbook, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the help desk of the branch.
- Speak with the bank officials tell them that you want to close the account.
- The officials will ask you the reason why you are closing the account.
- Tell them your reason and collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the account closure request form with all the details including your name, account number, etc.
- Sign the form and submit it to the officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the Everest Bank by calling them, sending an email, and by messaging them on their official social media profile. The below mentioned contact information has been taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: everestbankltd.com
- Phone Number: 16600171718
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/everestbankltd/
If you want to close a joint bank account then refer to this guide. The bank may or may not charge you for the closure. For more details, you can contact the bank. Also, make sure you don’t share any kind of sensitive information with anyone. The bank officials will never contact you asking for such details.