Bank SA which is also known as the Bank of South Australia is one of the many banks which are operating in the Country. This bank is owned by Westpac Bank. This guide is for those customers of the bank who are willing to close their bank account. So you if you are one of those customers who want to close Bank SA Account. Then you can follow the steps mentioned in this guide.
If you any dues pending or negative balance in your Bank of South Australia account. Then you have to clear that before you can close the account. You can get in touch with the Bank SA to know how you can pay off your dues. I have provided the contact details of the bank at the end of this guide. So you can use those details to get in touch with the bank.
After clearing the dues (if any) you have to open a new bank account before closing the one you have with the Bank SA. This is advice only for the people who don’t have an alternative bank account than their Bank SA account. If you already have another account. Then there is no requirement to open a new bank account. You can continue with the instructions given below.
Now let us consider that you have an another bank account as well. So you now have to transfer the funds you have in your Bank SA account to your other account. It is advised not to transfer your balance well in advance. You should only do it on the day you are going to close your Bank SA account. If you do it well in advance then the bank may ask you to pay charges for non-maintenance of sufficient balance in the account.
About Bank of South Australia
|Formerly Known As||Savings Bank of South Australia|
|Type of Bank||Subsidiary Bank|
|Founded||11 March 1848|
|Headquarters||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Area Served||South Australia & Northern Territory|
|Parent Organization||Westpac Bank|
Methods to Close Bank of South Australia Account
The account holders of Bank of South Australia can follow two offline methods to close their bank account. Both methods are explained below. Once you have raised your request to close the account and as soon as the bank accepts it you won’t be able to use the account in any way.
Visting the Branch of Bank SA
- Locate the branch of Bank SA which is near to your location.
- Visit the branch of Bank SA.
- Go to the accounts section of the bank.
- If you can’t find it then go to the help desk.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your account details like your name and account number.
- Show appropriate identity proof document which will prove you are the real owner of the account.
- You will be asked to provide a reason for the account closure.
- Provide your reason and follow the instructions given to you by the bank officials.
- And your bank account in Bank SA will be closed permanently.
Calling the Customer Care of Bank SA
- Call the customer care of the Bank of South Australia on 13 13 76.
- Your call will be connected with a customer care executive.
- Tell the executive of the bank that you want to close your account.
- You will be asked a few questions about your bank to verify your ownership of the account.
- Answer the questions asked to you.
- The executive will take your request to close your Bank SA account.
How is this Information Verified?
This information has been verified by contacting customer support on Twitter. I have attached the screenshot of my conversation below for your reference. The customer support of the Bank SA is very helpful and kind. You can talk to them any time using the contact number and the social media profiles.
How to Contact Bank SA?
You can contact the bank by using the information that is mentioned below. I highly recommend you to contact the bank and confirm the information mentioned in this guide. Before using it personally.
- Phone Number: 13 13 76
- Website: www.banksa.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BankSA
- Twitter: twitter.com/banksa
These are the 2 methods that can be followed by the customers of Bank SA to close the account. The bank has no option for the customers to close the account online. There are chances that your request to close the account will be rejected over the call. So it is recommended to visit the nearest branch and raise your request to close the account.