There are so many banks that are offering their services to the people of South Africa. And the Standard Bank is one of them. But sometimes we decide to close the bank account we have with the bank. There are so many reasons which may lead to this decision.
If you have an account with Standard Bank, then I will help you out with the steps you need to follow to close Standard Bank account. The process is very simple you just need to know the exact steps to do it. When you are closing your existing account you should make sure you have an alternative account to use.
In case you don’t have an alternative account. Then you should open a new one in another bank. Choose a bank that you feel is right for you and open a new account. But remember if you already have an alternative account. Then there is no need to open a new one.
The first thing you should do is check if your account has any dues pending. If you have any then you have to clear them before you can close your account. The bank will not allow you to close the account without clearing the negative balance.
About Standard Bank
|Type of Bank||Public|
|Founded||15 October 1862|
|Headquarters||Standard Bank Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Revenue (2016)||US$ 8.61 Billion|
|Net Income (2016)||US$ 1.54 Billion|
|Total Assets (2016)||US$ 142.9 Billion|
|Number of Employees (2016)||54,767|
Methods to Close Standard Bank Account
There are both online methods and offline methods to close Standard Bank account. Choose the method and follow the instructions to close the account.
Using Online Banking
- Sign in to your online banking account.
- Click on the Menu.
- Choose the Help and Services option from the menu.
- Select the Manage account.
- Click on Close Bank account in Account Management Section.
- Select the account number.
- And click on the Send button.
By Visting Branch
- Locate the nearest branch of the Standard Bank.
- Visit the branch.
- Go to the account management section.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- Provide your account number to the officials.
- Tell your reason to close the account.
- Show an appropriate identity proof document to the bank officials.
- Your request to close the account will be taken after verification.
How to Contact Standard Bank?
You can use the contact information given below to contact the customer care of Standard Bank.
- Phone Number: 0860 033 269 (local) or +44 (0)1624 643 643 (international)
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/standardbankgrp/
- Website: www.standardbank.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/SBGroup
This is how you can close Standard Bank account. But please keep in mind that you can not close an account if it has funds in it or a negative balance. Before you can close it you should bring down the balance to Zero. For more details, you can contact the customer care of the bank using the contact details provided above.