Closing a bank account is not a hard task but the cooperation you will receive from the employees of the bank is a problem. In your case, as you are a customer of Capitec Bank, they will try their best to change your decision to close the Capitec bank account when you tell them your decision.
However, everyone will be having their own reason why they might have made their mind to close the account. This guide will help the people who have a bank account with the Capitec Bank, and now are willing to close the bank account.
There are many banks in South Africa but as I look into the official website of the banks. What I found is the account closing process or the steps are not mentioned there. So when you wish to close the bank account then it is really hard to know the exact steps.
But this is where the team of Account Closers comes into the picture. We have collected the information from various websites. And have written this guide which will help you to close Capitec Bank account. The bank has got nothing to say on the official website.
But we will use the general process that is followed by the bank globally when their customer wants to close the bank account. So this won’t be a problem for us. The most important thing while you are closing the account is. You should not have any dues pending in your bank account.
If there are any dues or negative balance in your account then the bank will not allow you to close it. So the first step for you is to ensure that there are no dues pending. And if there are any then you should take appropriate steps to clear those dues.
About Capitec Bank
|Founded||1 March 2001|
|Headquarters||1 Quantum Street, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa|
|Area Served||South Africa|
|Number of Employees (2016)||11,440|
Steps to Close Capitec Bank Account
Follow the instructions given below to close Capitec Bank account. However, this bank does not all the customers to close the account online. The only option you have is to do it offline.
- Check if there are any dues pending in your bank account.
- Pay the dues. (if any)
- Bring your bank account balance to zero.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Capitec Bank in your region.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the help desk or the accounts management section.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your bank account.
- Provide your bank account number and your name to the bank officials.
- Follow the instructions given to you by the officials at the bank to close your account successfully.
How to Contact Capitec Bank?
For more information I recommend you contact the bank using the contact information provided below.
- Phone Number: 00 27 21 941 1377
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CapitecBank/
- Website: www.capitecbank.co.za
- Twitter: twitter.com/CapitecBankSA
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/CapitecBank/
Before you close your Capitec Bank account also ensure that you have an alternative bank account. If you don’t have an alternative account then consider opening a new one before closing down the existing bank account. But in case you already have an alternative account, then it is not necessary to open a new one.