Bidvest Bank is one of the many banks that are providing their services in South Africa. This bank is owned privately which was established in the year 1998. This guide is for those people who want to close their Bidvest Bank account. The process is very simple but you should know the steps that are involved in the process.
Before you take steps to close your bank account you have to make sure that you have an alternative bank account. If you don’t have one then you should open a new one. In case you already have an alternative bank account, then there is no need to open a new one.
After that, if you have any dues or negative balance in your account. Then you have to clear all the dues in your account. The bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear the dues in your account. If you want to close the account on call then you have to bring your balance down to zero.
About Bidvest Bank
|Headquarters||Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Managing Director (2020)||JJ Van Niekerk|
|Owner||Bidvest Group Limited|
Methods to Close Bidvest Bank Account
There are mainly two methods by following which you can close your Bidvest Bank account. I have mentioned and explained both methods. Both methods are offline and not online.
Calling the Customer Service Center
- Call the customer service center of Bidvest Bank at 0860 11 11 77.
- Get your call connected to speak with customer service personnel.
- Tell them on the call that you want to close your bank account.
- The support personnel will ask you a few questions about your bank account.
- This is done to verify that you are the real owner of the account.
- After successful verification, the support personnel will ask you the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide your reason why you want to close the bank account.
- The support personnel will take your request to close the account.
- Your bank account will be closed by the bank if there are no complications.
By Visiting Branch
- Locate the nearest branch of the Bidvest Bank in your region.
- Visit the branch with an appropriate identity proof document.
- Go to the accounts management section.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- Provide your account details like your name, and bank account number.
- You will be asked the reason why you are closing your bank account.
- Tell the bank officials your reason.
- Follow the instructions given to you by the bank officials.
- And your bank account will be closed.
How to Contact Bidvest Bank?
The contact information of the Bidvest Bank is given below.
- Phone Number: 0860 11 11 77
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BidvestBank
- Website: www.bidvestbank.co.za
- Twitter: twitter.com/bidvestbanksa
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/bidvestbanksa/
These are the two methods that can be followed by you to close Bidvest Bank account. For more information about the process of closing your bank account. You can contact the bank by contacting them using the above-mentioned contact information.