Ulster Bank is one of the largest banks that are operating in Ireland. This bank is owned by Natwest Holdings. There are 146 branches in the Northern Ireland Region. Ulster Bank has a good amount of customer base as well. But today we are not going to discuss opening an account with this bank. Instead, we will discuss how the account holders of this bank can close their bank account.
I will tell you the complete steps that you have to follow to close your Ulster Bank account. If we start counting the reasons why someone might close the bank account. Then we will get too many reasons for the same. If in case you want to share your reason why you are closing the account. Then you can do that by commenting down below. By doing so you can share your experience with this bank with the rest of our readers.
Before you close your Ulster Bank account you have to make sure that you don’t have any debit balance in your account. If you have any then you first have to clear those dues or debit balances or negative balance then the Ulster Bank will allow you to start the process the account. You also have to make sure that you have an alternative bank account. If you don’t have one then you have to open a new one.
About Ulster Bank
|Type of Bank||Private|
|Headquarters||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Owner||UK Government Investments|
|Number of Employees (2013)||3,250|
Steps to Close Ulster Bank Account
In case you don’t have an alternative bank account then there is no need to open a new one. If you have a current account with the bank. Then you personally have to visit the branch of the bank with your debit card and a Photo ID Document. In case you have a savings bank account with the bank. Then follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Make sure that your bank account balance is zero.
- Write a letter to the bank.
- Mention the subject of the letter as “Bank Account Closure.”
- You have to explain that you have a savings bank account with them and want to close the same.
- Mention your name and the bank account number in the letter.
- You have to mention the date when you are writing to the bank.
- The account holder has to sign the letter.
- Send the letter to Ulster Bank – Free Post, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 5706, Dublin.
- As soon as the letter reaches the bank, the process to close your account will start.
How is this Information Verified?
I have verified this information by contacting the bank on Twitter. You can find the screenshot below for your reference.
How to Contact Ulster Bank?
If you wish to contact the bank for any reason then you can use the contact details provided below.
- Phone Number: 1850 424 365
- Website: digital.ulsterbank.ie
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/UlsterBank/
- Twitter: twitter.com/UlsterBank_Help
This is how you can close your Ulster Bank account. If you have a current account with them. Then you have to visit the branch of the bank with your debit card and photographic id. In case you have a savings bank account then write a request letter to close the account and mail it to Ulster Bank – Free Post, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 5706, Dublin. If you have any balance you have to tell how you want to receive it.