There are so many banks that are operating in the United Kingdom. And the Royal Bank of Scotland is one of the major banks of the UK. If you want to close your bank account then I will help you out today. In this article, I will tell you how you can close Royal Bank of Scotland account. This bank is often referred to as RBS.
I will share more details about this bank in the further part of this article. If we start searching for the reasons to close the bank account. We will get simply too many reasons why people want to close it. But everyone has a different reason and a story to share.
By the way, what is your reason to close the Royal Bank of Scotland account? If you wish to share your reason. Then you can do that by commenting down below. By doing you can share the reason with me and the other people who read this article.
The Royal Bank of Scotland allows its account holders to close the bank account by following three methods. I will be explaining both of those methods in this article. But before we proceed to the further part, let me share with you some information about the RBS.
About Royal Bank of Scotland
|Type of Bank||Subsidiary|
|Headquarters||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|CEO (2020)||Alison Rose|
|Chairman (2020)||Howard Davies|
|Number of Employees||71,200|
What if Your Account has Charges Outstanding?
People often ask this question to me. What to do if their bank account is overdrawn or have outstanding charges? Let me answer this question for you.
There is no way to close your bank account until you clear all the outstanding charges. You have to transfer enough funds to your bank account so that your outstanding charges are cleared.
After that, you can proceed to close your bank account.
Methods to Close Royal Bank of Scotland Account
I have already mentioned that RBS allows its customers to close down the bank account using two methods. They are as mentioned below,
- Online with the help of Digital Banking.
- By sending an application letter. (Offline)
- And by visiting your local RBS Branch. (Offline)
Using Digital Banking
- Visit the RBS Digital Banking Website.
- Enter your correct login credentials and click on Continue.
- Now open the “Account Summary” Page.
- Select the bank account number.
- Click on “View Account Details.”
- Click on the “Need to Close Your Account?” link.
- Fill the online form and your bank account will be closed.
By Sending an Application Letter
- Write an application letter with the subject as “Closing RBS Bank Account”
- Mention your Full Name.
- After your full name, mention your sort code and bank account number.
- Mention your contact telephone number and the postal address.
- The account holder(s) have to sign the application letter.
- Post this application letter to “Mailroom Scanning, Account Closures, 1 Hardman Boulevard, Manchester, M3 3AQ.”
By Visiting Local RBS Branch
- Locate the nearest branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland near your location.
- Visit the branch.
- Carry your Debit Card, PIN, and Proof of ID with you.
- Approach the bank official dealing with account closures.
- Tell the bank official that you want to close your bank account.
- Provide them the information they ask you.
- And your bank account will be closed.
How to Contact Royal Bank of Scotland?
If you want to get any information from the RBS then you can contact them using the below-mentioned contact details. And I have put my best efforts to provide the most accurate information in this article. But I highly recommend you to verify this information before using it personally.
- Phone Number: 0345 724 2424
- Website: www.rbs.com/rbs/about/contact-us/customer-contacts.html
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/royalbankofscotland
- Twitter: twitter.com/RBS
These are the 3 methods that can be used by you to close Royal Bank of Scotland Account. If you have any kind of doubts in your mind then feel free to comment down below.