Closing a bank account is not a tough job as everybody thinks. It is just that you should know the exact steps to follow. And if you have an account with the Charity Bank limited and want to close it. Then this guide is tailored for you. In this guide, I will tell you the steps you need to follow to close Charity Bank account.
The first thing you should take care of is there should be no negative balance in your account. In case you have any then you should clear it first. And then the bank will allow you to start with the process of closing the account. This condition is applied to you no matter in which bank you hold the account.
And then on the second note, you should make sure you have an alternative bank account to use. This should be done by you before closing the account. Because once the bank starts the process of closing the account you can not use it anyway.
In case you don’t have an alternative bank account then choose any bank that is operating in the United Kingdom. And open the account with them. But if you are still undecided about your new bank. Then you can refer to my list of 9 questions that you should ask your new bank.
Based on the answers you receive from the bank you will be able to decide easily. On the day you visit the bank to close the account. You have to bring down your bank account balance to Zero. You can transfer it online to another account or withdraw it in cash.
Steps to Close Charity Bank Limited Account
I did not find any online method to close the account, so I have explained an offline method below. In this method basically, you are giving a written request to the bank to close the account. This works well for both individual and joint bank accounts. But in the case of a joint bank account, all the account holders should provide their consent.
- Locate the nearest branch of Charity Bank limited near you.
- Take your bank passbook, debit card, unused cheques, and identity proof document.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and tell the bank officials that you want to close the account.
- The officials will ask you the reason for the closure.
- Provide your account number, name to the officials to locate your account.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the account closing request form with all the details.
- Submit the form to the officials
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank on their official website, calling them, and by sending them an email.
- Official Website: charitybank.org
- Phone Number: +44 (0)1732 441900
- Email: [email protected]
This is how you can close Charity Bank account, for more information about the account closing charges, etc. You can use the contact information given above.