Banking is such a sector where you can find a lot of competition. No matter which country you are in you will find a lot of competition. And where there is high competition the winner is always the customer. Here the customer will be having so many choices with him or her. If you don’t like your bank account you can close it and switch to a new bank. Not a big deal, but you have to make sure the transition from you told to new is smooth.
This guide is for the customers of Tangerine Bank who want to close down their bank account. The customer support of the bank is very helpful. I had a talk with them before writing this guide and they were very good at communication. I will be sharing the information I received from customer support in regard to the process to close Tangerine Bank account.
Before close down your bank account that you have with the Tangerine Bank. You have to make sure that you have an alternative bank account with you for your use. If you don’t have a bank account you have to open a new bank account. Please note that you don’t have to open the account if you have an alternative bank account. Because it is really hard to deal with multiple bank accounts.
Once you have opened a new bank account you have to clear all the dues you have in your bank account. Because the bank will ask you to clear all the dues or the negative balance you have in your account. After that, you have to transfer all your balance from the Tangerine Bank account to your new bank account. As the bank will ask you to bring down your balance to zero.
About Tangerine Bank
|Type of Bank||Subsidiary|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Formerly Know as||ING Direct Canada|
|Number of Employees (2013)||969|
Methods to Block Tangerine Bank Account
You can follow the online method or the offline method that is mentioned below to close down your Tangerine Bank account.
Online through Secure Chat
- Open the official website of the Tangerine Bank.
- Click on the “Log Me In” button.
- Enter your login credentials and proceed with the login.
- Now go to the secure chat.
- Send a secure message to them explaining that you want to close your bank account.
- And the bank will take your request to close your account.
Calling Customer Care
- Call the customer care of the bank on 1-888-826-4374.
- Your call will be connected to talk with the customer care executive.
- Tell the customer care executive that you want to close the account.
- You will be asked a few questions for verification purposes.
- Once your account is verified.
- You will be asked the reason why you want to close the account.
- Tell them your reason and the bank will take your request to close your account.
Visiting the Branch of the Bank
- Locate the nearest branch of the Tangerine Bank in your location.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the accounts management section or the help desk of the branch.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your account.
- You will be asked a few details of your bank account.
- The bank officials will ask you the reason why you want to close the bank account.
- Tell them the reason and the bank will take your request to close the account.
How to Contact Tangerine Bank?
You can use the contact information given below to contact the Tangerine Bank.
- Phone Number: 1‑888‑826‑4374
- Website: www.tangerine.ca
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TangerineBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/TangerineBank
How is this Information Verified?
I have verified this information by talking to the customer support of the bank on Instagram. You can refer to the screenshot below.
These are the 3 methods you can use to Close Tangerine Bank account. If you have a balance in your account then the bank can transfer your balance to your external account if you wish. But I recommend you transfer all your balance to another account you trust on the day you are closing your account by yourself. If you still have any questions then you can use the contact information provided above to contact the bank.