There are so many people who open a bank account on any particular day. And at the same time on the same day, we have people closing down the account as well. This cycle goes on and on, in this guide you can find the process that you have to follow to close Zions Bank account.
The process is very simple and I have explained everything in a very short manner. Before we get into the process let me tell you a few things that you should take care of. The first thing is about the alternative bank account. Once you request Zions Bank to close your account.
You can not use it for any kind of transaction. Even if you are facing any kind of emergencies you can not use it. So to make sure that you don’t face such circumstances you have to make arrangements for an alternative bank account. If you already have an account with another bank. Then there is no need of opening a new one.
But in case you don’t have an account with another bank. Then you should choose a good bank for you. And get an account opened for yourself. If you want help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to an article of mine, in which I have mentioned a few questions you should ask your new bank before opening the account.
The other thing which is very important is the dues pending and negative balance. If you have any kind of dues pending in your account. Then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all those. So first clear the dues and then begin the process. (if you have any dues)
Steps to Close Zions Bank Account
There is no online method that you can follow to close the account. The only method available to you is the offline one. And that is the reason why I have mentioned the offline method in this guide. This guide is written for those who hold an individual account with the bank. In case you have a joint account refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Zions Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards with you.
- Also, carry the original copy of any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Speak with the officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your account and provide them your name, account number, and reason for the closure.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
For more information, you can contact the bank by calling customer care, by messaging on the official social media profile. The contact information given below is taken from the official website of Zions Bank.
- Official Website: www.zionsbank.com
- Phone Number: 888 307 3411
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ZionsBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/zionsbank
This is how you can close your account by visiting the branch of the bank. If you have any kind of doubts in your mind then you can quickly contact the bank. The support team of Zions Bank is very friendly and they will be more than happy to assist you.