There are so many banks that are running their operations in the United States. If you don’t like the service of one bank. Then you always have the choice to close the account and switch to another bank. But you should keep in mind a few terms and conditions of the bank before you the account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close your Wintrust Bank account.
The process is very simple. So to start with let me tell you that there should be no negative balance in your account. If in case you have any dues pending in the account. Then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So check your account balance and if you have any dues pending then clear all those before you approach the bank to close your account.
Once the bank takes your request and starts the closing process you can not use the account in any way. So before you close down your existing account. You should make sure you have an alternative bank account with you. If you already have an account with another bank. Then there is no need to open a new one. But if you don’t have then I recommend you to get a new account and then close your Wintrust Bank account.
Steps to Close Wintrust Bank Account
There is no online way using which you can close your account completely. So you will have to follow the offline method that is explained below. If you hold an individual account then you can follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you have a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Wintrust Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the requested information and show your identity proof document to the officials.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can contact the bank. You can call customer support, or message the support team on the bank’s official social media profiles. The contact information provided below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.wintrustbank.com
- Phone Number: 312-291-2900
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WintrustBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/Wintrust
Make sure that you don’t send anyone from your friends or family to close the account. Because only the owner of the account can request the bank to close an account. If it is a special case then the relatives are allowed. And if you are closing the account too early then the bank will ask you to pay the account closing charges. One more important thing is you should take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits before you close the account. If not then they will start failing.