If you have an account with the Western State Bank which you have decided to close down. Then you can refer to this guide. Because in this guide, I have explained the steps that you need to follow to close Western State Bank Account.
The process is very simple but you can not close your bank account online. You will have to follow the offline process that has been explained below.
There are no complicated steps at all. This will be your one last visit to the branch of the Western State Bank. But before you approach the bank there are a few things you should take care of.
The first thing is you have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. This is important because all your payments will start failing once your account is closed.
So to make sure everything is running smoothly you have to cancel the payments. And set them up with your alternative bank account.
If you already have an alternative account with you then that is great. You can go ahead and follow the further steps to get your account closed.
But in case if you don’t have. Then I highly recommend you to choose a good bank for you. And get the account opened. There are so many banks in the United States of America from which you can choose one for you.
If you are facing difficulties in choosing your next bank and need help. Then you can refer to my article in which I have listed the questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Based on the answers you receive from the bank officials. You will be easily able to decide if you should open an account with that bank or not.
Steps to Close Western State Bank Account
In case if you hold a joint bank account then follow this linked guide. In either case, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Locate the nearest branch of Western State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk and tell them you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, bank account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Check your balance and bring it down to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
These are the 9 steps you should follow to close your Western State Bank account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.