If you have an account with WesBanco and have decided to close it. Then you can refer to this guide and learn about the steps that you need to follow to close WesBanco account. With only one last visit to the branch of the bank, you can raise your request.
Before you approach the bank you have to make sure that you don’t have any dues or negative balance in the account. In case if you have any then you need to take action to clear all of those. And then the bank will take your request for closing.
|Headquarters||Wheeling, West Virginia, U.S.|
|Number of Employees||1,900+|
Steps to Close WesBanco Account
You can not close the account online, the only method available for the customer is the offline method that is explained below. If you are closing the bank account within 90 days of closing the account then you have to pay some closing charges.
- Locate the nearest branch of WesBanco near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close the account.
- The officials will ask your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can use the official website of the bank, calling customer support, and also message the bank on its official social media profile. I have mentioned the contact details of the bank below.
- Official Website: www.wesbanco.com
- Phone Number: 800-905-9043
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WesBanco
- Twitter: twitter.com/wesbanco
The process is very simple but you have to make sure that you personally visit the branch. Do not send anyone from your friends and family on your behalf. If you are really unable to reach the branch due to some reason. Then you can contact the bank and tell them about it. The bank will help you out with some solution.