Washington Federal Bank which is also known as WaFd Bank is one of the most famous banks that are operating in the USA. And in this guide of mine, I will tell you how you can close the account if you have one with this w. All the steps that one needs to follow to close WaFd Bank account are mentioned in this guide.
To start you should first ensure that there is no dues pending or negative balance in your account. If you have any then you will first have to clear those. And then the bank will allow you to start the process of closing down your account. In the meantime, you should also make arrangements for an alternative bank account.
Because once the bank starts the process of closing down the account. You can not use the account for making any kind of transaction. So to ensure that you don’t lose access to the banking system it is important to have another bank account.
If you have an account already with another bank. Then that is good but in case you don’t have one. Then you need to choose a good bank for you. And get your account opened with that bank. For assistance in choosing your new bank. You can refer to my list of 9 questions one should ask the bank before opening the account.
About WaFd Bank
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Number of Locations||200+|
Steps to Close WaFd Bank Account
There is no online method that can be followed by you. So you will have to follow the offline method only. The steps that I have mentioned below can be followed by the ones who hold an individual account with the bank. But in case you hold a joint bank account. Then you can refer to the steps mentioned in this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of WaFd Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the customer helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close down your account.
- Provide your name and account number to the officials to help them locate your account.
- The officials will ask you the reason why you are closing the account. Tell them your reason for the closure.
- Collect an account closure request form and make your bank account balance zero.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you are in need of any additional information or instant assistance. Then you can contact the bank by calling the customer care and by messaging the bank on their official social media profile. The contact information mentioned below is taken from the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.wafdbank.com
- Phone Number: 1 800 324 9375
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/WAFDbank/
- Twitter: twitter.com/wafdbank
This is how you can get your account closed. Before you close the account make sure you have moved all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your new account. This will help you in a smooth transition from your old account to the new account.