It is very normal for the bank to open and close accounts. It is a major part of their daily activities. But this is not normal for the customers like you and me. That is because we don’t close the bank account on a regular basis. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Veritex Community Bank account.
But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are a few things you need to take care of. So I will tell you about those things. And then I will tell you the steps that you need to follow to close the account. I have not mentioned any online method in this guide. I method is explained in an offline method.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you will have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues. If you have any then clear those dues first. This is very important because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear the dues.
The next thing is you will have to manage the payments that you are running on your account. I am talking about automatic payments and direct deposits. You have to move those to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure that all your payments don’t fail and keep running.
Steps to Close Veritex Community Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint bank account. Then you follow this linked guide. The process to close a joint bank account is a little different.
- Locate the nearest branch of Veritex Community Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank official and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The official will ask your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Give them the requested details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information then you can contact the bank. You can call the customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: veritexbank.com
- Phone Number: 833-837-4839
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/VeritexBank
Follow these steps and you will be able to close the account. But you will also have to keep one thing in your mind. And that is if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.